Sunday April 20, 2014

City police investigate pair of break-ins to local homes


The Weyburn Police Service responded to two reports of break and enter to residences on Sunday, the first one on 13th Street. The residence was entered by forcing the front door. Stolen were numerous articles including a laptop, jewellery and coins. The matter remains under investigation.

Later the same day, police responded to a report of a break and enter to a residence on Elgin Street. The residence had been entered by forcing the back door. Stolen were a TV, computer, and firearm. Investigation is ongoing.
If anyone has any information on these or any other serious crime, please contact the Weyburn Police Service or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

 Police responded to a report of a single vehicle motor vehicle accident on Third Street and 10th Avenue on Nov. 25, after receiving reports of a truck hitting a fence. The male driver was located and the investigation determined he had been drinking. He was subsequently charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle and over .08. The accused will make his first appearance in Weyburn Provincial Court in December.

Police assisted the SPCA on Nov. 29 with an investigation of two separate adults that are bound by a court order not allowing them to have any animals in their possession. Both, an adult female and adult male, were found to have animals and have been charged with breaching their conditions. They will appear in court at a later date.

City police received a complaint of a suspicious person selling possible stolen items to Mryglod Steel on Nov. 28. Upon arrival police arrested an adult male for outstanding warrants out of Regina and Estevan. The subsequent investigation also determined the items he had in his possession were in fact stolen and he was charged with possession of stolen property. The man was later released from custody and will be appearing in Weyburn Provincial Court in January.  Police commended Mryglod Steel for their quick actions in this incident.

Police attended to a downtown bar after receiving reports a fight in progress on Nov. 25. Police defused the situation and all parties involved were taken home without further incident.  

City police received a report of an assault on an adult female on Nov. 25, after having an altercation with a person that was known to the complainant. The female suffered superficial injuries but did not require medical attention. The matter remains under investigation.

On Nov. 26, police responded to the parking lot of Crescent Point Place after receiving a report of a mischief. The complainant had parked their vehicle and returned to find a tire slashed.  The matter remains under investigation.

Police responded to Social Services in regards to a disturbance call on Nov. 27 after an adult male refused to leave their office and was causing problems.

Police defused the situation and the male subject left without further incident or charges.

On Nov. 28, police responded to a two-vehicle accident at Third Street and Souris Avenue. There were no injuries but the damage to one of the vehicles required it to be towed from the scene. A male driver was charged with failing to obey a red light.

Police received a complaint of an intoxicated adult male causing a disturbance in a residence on Nov. 28. Police arrested the adult male and he was placed in cells until sober.

A reminder with Weyburn’s first winter storm of this winter season, the Weyburn Police Service want to remind everyone to check the highway hotline before heading out on the highways, and to take precautions and drive safely while in the city.


Quick Vote

Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.



Lost your password?