Friday October 24, 2014

Police answer many noise complaints on the weekend


The Weyburn Police Service responded to many noise complaints over the weekend, and also were busy last week dealing with concerns of counterfeiting, domestic abuse and theft.

A party complaint was received by the police on Sunday, in the northeast area of Weyburn. A 15-year-old female was warned about the noise, she had shut the party down and there were very few people left.

Another noise complaint was also received on Sunday, regarding a group of people on a parking lot near the 7-11. Officers spoke to a 23-year-old male who was subsequently arrested for being drunk in public. As he was being processed in the cell block area, he resisted while being searched. The male was held until sober and was charged for being drunk in public and for assaulting a police officer. He was released on a promise to appear.

A third noisy party complaint was received in the north area of Weyburn on Sunday. A 23-year-old male received a warning.

Police responded to an accident at the intersection of 18th Street and Clark Avenue on Sunday. A 26-year-old male turned onto Clark Avenue from 18th Street and collided with the rear of a parked vehicle. There were no drugs or alcohol involved. He was charged with driving without due care and attention.

Police received a complaint that a male had assaulted a female at the Curling Rink on Sunday. The male had no shoes or shirt on and was wearing a baseball cap. Neither the male nor the female victim could be located. No further action was taken.  

On Friday, police received a complaint that a 26-year-old male that had been drinking alcohol backed into a taxi cab and left the scene. The accident is under investigation.

A noisy party complaint was received on Friday, in the north  area of Weyburn.

The homeowner was warned about the noise bylaw and immediately broke up the party.  

On Thursday, officers responded to a domestic situation at a residence. The mother of a 19-year-old male was assaulted by him. When a 52-year-old male stepped in to defend her, he was assaulted as well. The 19-year-old left the residence. The victim’s did not want charges laid and no further action was taken.

Police received a complaint  on Thursday of a 34-year-old male being in an outlet that sells alcohol, while being on probation with conditions not to do so.

Officers located the male and he was charged with two counts of breach probation.

On Thursday, police attended a local business after they had reported receiving counterfeit bills. Two American $100s and three $50 dollar bills were obtained from the business. An officer reviewed video footage of the transactions and identified a 37-year-old male from Regina. A warrant for his arrest was obtained and it was executed by Regina police service. He was charged with; having counterfeit bills in his custody, uttering counterfeit bills, breach undertaking by failing to keep the peace and be of good behavior and breach his undertaking by failing to abide by the condition of not travelling outside a 20 mile radius of Regina.

That same day, an officer attended a local bar. He looked through their deposit bag and found $150 in American currency. The passing of the counterfeit currency is under investigation.

A patient walked away from the Mental Health building on July 15. Officers located the 20-year-old female and returned her to the building.

Officers responded to a residential alarm on July 15. They found a 70-year-old female trying to access her residence through a window after locking herself out.

One of the officers climbed through the window and let the homeowner in.

Police responded to a local grocery store after they reported receiving a counterfeit bill on July 15. A counterfeit Canadian $20 bill was obtained from the store, police are investigating the incident.

Officers assisted EMS and fire personnel after a report was received about a 13 year old female in cardiac arrest on July 15. The young girl had fallen and hit her head; she was awake and talking to her mother. She was transported to the hospital for an examination.

Police received a complaint on July 14 from a 28-year-old female that her former 32-year-old male boyfriend had been at her residence twice and spit in her face on both occasions. Officers attended the male’s residence and arrested him for assault. He was charged with assault twice and breach of his recognizance.

A complaint was received on July 10 that a new quad was stolen off of the back of a trailer from a Weyburn business. On July 13 Estevan RCMP responded to a complaint of squatters on farm land. The stolen quad was recovered along with numerous other stolen items. A 28-year-old Alberta man was charged with the theft of the quad and other possessions of stolen property charges.


Quick Vote

Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.



Lost your password?