TORONTO - An American man facing charges in Toronto over the G20 summit in June 2010 will be allowed to return to the United States until his trial.
Richard Dean Morano's lawyer said Wednesday the 22-year-old is being freed on $80,000 bail and will stay with relatives in his home state of Pennsylvania.
Morano, of Lackawaxen, Penn., was one of two Americans extradited from the U.S. Tuesday on charges stemming from the riots that occurred two years ago during the meeting of world leaders.
Kevin Chianella, 20, from Queens, N.Y., also appeared in court but his case was put over to Thursday because he had no surety, police said.
Both men face numerous charges, including mischief endangering life.
Police allege Morano smashed a police car window with a rock while an officer was inside and used a piece of lumber to break the window of a clothing store.
Morano is also accused, with others, of smashing windows at two coffee shops, a branch of the CIBC and a leather store.
Among other things, it's alleged Chianella used a bag of rocks to smash the windows of a police car while an officer was trapped inside, threatened a Toronto Star photographer trying to take pictures of his actions, smashed a large window and damaged an ATM.
A third American appeared in court last week to face four charges in connection with incidents at the G20 after consenting to extradition from Boston.
Quinn McCormic, 25, is accused of throwing objects at the windows of a clothing store, bank and the Toronto Police Museum, with total damage estimated at more than $125,000.
McCormic is charged with three counts of mischief over $5,000 and disguise with intent.
Two other Americans also accused in the G20 violence are in custody south of the border.
Toronto police Det. Gary Giroux said Joel Bitar, of New York City, is to appear at an extradition hearing there later this month. He faces 26 charges including mischief over $5,000 and assaulting a police officer.
Dane Rossman, of Tucson, Ariz., is being held in that state pending extradition, Giroux said.
Dozens of protesters — many wearing disguises — went on a rampage through downtown Toronto during the international summit.
More than 1,100 people were taken into custody that weekend in one of the largest mass arrests in Canadian history.
Most were released without charges but more than 40 people have been successfully prosecuted.