Weyburn police respond to accidents, alcohol offences

Weyburn Review
July 9, 2014 01:00 AM

The Weyburn Police Service saw an accident at First Avenue NE and Second Street on July 2. Two vehicles were west-bound, the first vehicle stopped for pedestrians crossing the street and the second vehicle collided with the rear of it. Both drivers were told to report the accident to SGI; no charges were laid in the accident.

Police responded to an accident at Fifth Street and Prairie Avenue on July 1. An east-bound vehicle on Prairie Avenue left the stop sign and collided with the north-bound vehicle on Fifth St. The driver of the east-bound vehicle was charged with leaving the stop sign before safe.
Police received a complaint on June 30 about a masked youth jumping out in front of cars on Third Street South. Officers patrolled the area and no one was found.

Police received a complaint where a vehicle had followed another vehicle to a truck wash in Weyburn on June 30; apparently the driver was driving all over the road. An officer spoke to a 43-year-old male; he was sober and stated that his truck was full of mud causing the driving action. No charges were laid in the incident.

A taxi driver called police reporting a disturbance at 327 Second Ave SE on June 30. A 54-year-old intoxicated male had a fight with another male in a residence; he was removed and taken home. There were no criminal charges laid in the fight.

Police followed up on a 9-1-1 hang-up call on June 30. A 21-year-old female was located and stated that she had been assaulted. She provided a witness statement and the name of the 32-year-old male suspect. No charges were laid in the assault; the 21-year-old female did not want the police to proceed with charges.

A 49-year-old male reported hearing gunshots in a residential area on July 1. Officers responded to the area and found that a 31-year-old male had set off some fireworks. No charges were laid in the incident.

Police received a complaint that there were people on the roof of the Sports Arena late the evening of July 1. A number of people were on the roof stating that they were there to watch the fireworks. They were advised to get down, and no charges were laid.

Police received a complaint that there had been a fight in the beer gardens at the fair grounds on July 1. Officers spoke to security staff but no one could identify the combatants, as a result no charges were laid.

Police received a complaint of a male sleeping on the bench outside of the museum on July 2. The male was gone when officers arrived, however, the 52-year-old male was located and given notice that he cannot remain in the area longer than 20 minutes.

A bike patrol officer saw a youth riding his bike downtown on his own on July 2. The eight-year-old boy was escorted to his residence by the officer.

The parent of a 15-year-old youth called police when she was unable to meet up with her daughter who had gone to the fair on July 2. An officer located her a short time later and notified the parent.

Police received a complaint of people drinking and smashing bottles in the parking lot of a local business on Thursday. Officers attended and two 20-year-old males were ticketed for beverage alcohol in a motor vehicle, which carries a fine of $360. The males cleaned up the broken glass on the lot.

Police responded to a local hotel regarding two males fighting on Thursday. Two male co-workers aged 20 and 33 had a disagreement, and one of the combatants was moved to a different room. No charges were laid in the incident.

Police responded to a noisy party complaint in the south area of Weyburn on Thursday. A 48-year-old female was warned about the noise.

Police responded to a noise complaint in the southwest area of Weyburn on Thursday. A 34-year-old male was warned about the noise. Charges are pending against the man due to the number of complaints.

Police responded to a noise complaint on First Ave NE on Friday; a male was warned about the noise.

Officers responded to a local bar after an altercation occurred between patrons and a bouncer on Saturday. The parties involved were told to settle down and attend the Weyburn Police Service when they sobered up if they wished to pursue any charges. No one showed up the following day, and no charges were laid.

Police received a complaint of an erratic driver on Saturday. A 17-year-old youth was located and charged with stunting.

If you or anyone you know has any information regarding any of the above crimes, or any other serious crime, police are encouraging you to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-Tips (8477), or to contact the Weyburn Police Service.

© Copyright 2014 Weyburn Review

Email to a Friend


Weyburn Development POLL

How do you think development is progressing in Weyburn?

or  view results

Popular Weyburn News

Community Event Calendar

Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.