City police investigate mischief, thefts

Weyburn police received a report of a boat trailer tire having been slashed while the trailer was parked in the 1000 block of Coteau Avenue. Anyone having information is asked to contact the Weyburn Police, or to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

The police received information from SaskPower regarding the theft of power from a residence on June 4. The Weyburn Police Service assisted SaskPower and the investigation is ongoing.

article continues below

Weyburn police are investigating a report of a theft of items from a residence on Saturday. The matter is still under investigation.

Weyburn police received a report of a potential fraud involving a life insurance scam on June 3. The matter involves Empire Life Insurance, which is a legitimate company, but the scam used their name and letterhead.

City police conducted a traffic stop on June 3. The driver was believed to have been driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver provided a roadside breath test which resulted in a fail. The driver was arrested and taken to the Weyburn Police Service for further breath testing. When the investigation was complete the blood alcohol level was determined not to be over .08. No criminal charges were laid, but the driver was issued a three-day licence suspension for the level of impairment he was at, which was under .08 but over the suspension limit.

City police received a request to attend a residence on June 4 to ensure there was a peaceful transition of property after a relationship broke down. The property was dealt with and there were no further issues.

City police received a call regarding a matter that was determined to be a minor domestic dispute on Wednesday. One of the people involved agreed to leave the residence for the evening until things cooled off. There was no further police involvement.

City police received a call regarding a fight at a local bar on Friday. The combatants were gone when police arrived. By examining the surveillance video the people were identified. The victim of the incident declined to become formally involved by making an official complaint, and the matter was concluded.

Police received a call from a taxi company regarding an uncooperative customer on Saturday. The customer was arrested for being Intoxicated in public and was held in police cells until sober. He was released without charges.