The WEYBEX Awards are held biennially, celebrating business success in Weyburn and surrounding area. The WEYBEX Awards are open to business, organizations, and individuals in our City of Weyburn and immediate area. For 2021, The WEYBEX Awards will be a virtual event on June 11, 2021.
“At the Weyburn Chamber of Commerce, we are well aware of the challenging times that 2020 and 2021 has been bringing to our City and businesses. We know that all our community members have stepped up and thrived through these difficult months. This is exactly why we want you to nominate to recognize a deserving business. Now is the time to showcase about our business community,” said Larry Heggs, executive director of the Weyburn Chamber of Commerce.
That’s why the Weyburn Chamber has decided to extend the nomination deadline to Friday, April 16.
The award categories include the following:
• Golden Service – sponsored by MNP – Recognizes a local business dedicated to customer satisfaction that consistently demonstrates excellence in the delivery of its product and services.
• Community Involvement – Sponsored by SaskEnergy – Awarded to a business demonstrating outstanding performance in contributing to recreation, amateur sports, arts and culture, health care, education, and charitable or non-profit groups.
• New or Expanded Business – Sponsored by Sunrise Community Futures – Awarded to a business established or expanded in the past three years and demonstrating exceptional performance in terms of expansion into a new product, service, line of business, or in the creation of new markets and/or jobs.
• Business Hall of Fame – Sponsored by Weyburn Credit Union – This award recognizes pioneer and cornerstone business leaders demonstrating long-term excellence and contributing to the economic well-being of Weyburn and area.
• Business of the Year – Sponsored by Prairie Sky Cooperative – Chosen from the winners in the categories Golden Service, New or Expanded Business, and Community Involvement.
The Business of the Year will be honored for an overall commitment to business excellence.
“Taking time to showcase and celebrate small business after what they have been through in the last year is more important than ever before,” said Heggs.