The age eligibility in the provincial immunization program moves to 20 years of age and older, as of 8 a.m., May 16. This applies to all immunization clinics, including booked appointments, pharmacies, drive-thru/walk-in, and mobile.
Effective May 16, the SaskVax Call Centre will adjust hours of operation to operate seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Reminder to residents that clinic availability is based on vaccine availability, and demand for appointments outweighs the current vaccine supply.
Residents are encouraged to consider immunization at their local pharmacy, or at a drive-thru or walk-in clinic. Details on pharmacy immunizations can be found at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-pharmacies. Details on drive-thru and walk-in clinics can be found at http://www.saskatchewan.ca/drive-thru-vax.
Eligibility criteria moves to age 20 and older effective May 16.
Eligible groups include as of May 16:
• all individuals 20 years of age and older;
• individuals 18 years of age and older living in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District;
• all remaining phase one health care workers;
• additional front-line workers and First Responders as identified in this list, and
• people with underlying health conditions who are clinically extremely vulnerable through an eligibility letter.
Those over the current age eligibility are able to book online 24/7 at saskatchewan.ca/COVID-19 vaccine. For those under the current age eligibility, or needing additional support, booking is also available by phone at 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829). The call centre is open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days per week.