Lake Alma couple attends a wedding at Preeceville

Lake Alma (cpd) - Sylvia and Wylie Thompson travelled to Yorkton on Aug. 3 where they were guests of her brother Henry and Helen Yanyu. On Saturday they all attended the wedding of their niece, Loran Varga and Michael Chapman at Preeceville with the reception and dance held at Sturgis. Sunday was spent visiting and they returned home on Aug. 6.

Ione Chappell, Evette and Marvin Kinney of Calgary spent from Aug. 3-6 with their brother, Garry Offet at Beaubier. Lyle Offet of Medicine Hat joined them on the 4th.

On Aug. 5 they were joined by Clare and Ida Offet and Delores Larsen of Weyburn, Bob and Caroline Kranna of Torquay, Betty and Elwood Skjerdal, Larry and Eleanor Skjerdal, Blaine and Cindy Lohse, Gordon and Hjordis Olson and Rodney, Sharon and Vernon Solie and Warren, Eva and Bernie Larsen of Big River, Danny Johnson and his son and three children of Regina, Darlene Lund, and Ervin Field at the Beaubier Community Centre for a "Christmas in August" supper, which included Lutefish and all the trimmings to help Garry celebrate his 70th birthday which was on Aug. 11.

The afternoon was spent visiting and supper was served at 5 p.m. Dessert was ice cream and strawberries with a chocolate cake made by Hjordis Olson.

Gordon Olson had his new truck burn up after a trip into the field last week.

Clare and Ida Offet had their grandchildren Callie, Jensen, Cael and Tahlaya Offet of Moosomin as overnighters in Weyburn on Aug. 3 and 4, and during the daytime of Aug. 4 and 5 they spent with their Blackmore grandparents at the "Blackmore Reunion" at the Weyburn Curling Rink. The children went back to Regina with the Blackmores and stayed until Aug. 9. Callie took in Camp near Indian Head. Clare and Ida spent from Aug. 6 to 13 at Moosomin while Deena joined her sister, Julianne Whitney, at Ottawa and they spent a week in the Dominican.

The Offets met the Blackmores at Grenfell on the Thursday and brought Jensen, Cael and Tahlaya to Moosomin. Callie returned to Moosomin on Saturday from camp with friends Kevin and Renae Whepton. All this time Curtis was a patient in the Moosomin Hospital, and on Aug. l3 went via ambulance to Regina for an MRI, which had a good report. Deena returned home to Moosomin on Monday evening having landed in Winnipeg earlier that afternoon. Clare and Ida returned to Weyburn that evening after Deena arrived home.

Wylie and Sylvia Thompson met their daughter, Doris Trobert and children Rylan and Lindy of Estevan at Torquay on Aug. 12 and the children returned to Lake Alma with Grandma and Grandpa and spent until Aug. 14 when they met at Torquay again and the children returned home.

Rick and Suzanne Brown came to Weyburn from Rocanville with their motorhome and spent the night on Aug. 16 and then went on to Oungre Memorial Regional Park to camp for the weekend. They returned to Rocanville on Sunday afternoon and Suzanne returned to Regina that evening for work on Monday morning.

Dale and Pat Petersen and family of Weyburn and Ron and Lynn Fink and family of Edmonton received word of the passing of Jean Petersen on Aug. 13 at the age of 93.

Funeral service was held from Grace United Church in Weyburn on Aug. 18, with a private family burial at Saran Cemetery at Lake Alma.

article continues below