UPDATE: Weyburn Fire, EMS called to Bison Manor

The Weyburn Fire Department and the Weyburn EMS responded to a call at the Bison Manor on Sunday evening shortly after 9 p.m.

The third floor of Bison Manor was filled with smoke, which required the evacuation of residents for a brief time. The cause of the smoke was a pot left unattended on a stove.

Fire Chief Simon Almond said a woman was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but there were no other injuries, and there were no damages by the smoke, which firefighters were able to clear out before residents were allowed back inside.

article continues below

The evacuated residents were mustered in the parking lot on the west side of the building while fire fighters cleared out the smoke.