The Weyburn Police Service was dispatched to a report of an armed robbery at the Wholesale Gas Bar at about 9:10 p.m. on Saturday. It appears that the two suspects walked to the gas bar from the area of Peavey Mart, and one of the suspects brandished what appeared to be a handgun. No one was physically injured.
A small undisclosed amount of cash was taken and both suspects left the store on foot. The first suspect is described as a Caucasian male, five-foot-two to five-foot-five tall, with a medium build around 135 to 150 pounds, wearing a light grey hoodie, dark sunglasses and had his face covered.
The second suspect is described as a male, five-foot-two to five-foot-five tall, weighing 135 to 150 pounds, wearing a black hoodie.
Anyone having information on this or any other serious matter is asked to contact the Weyburn Police Service at 306-848-3250 or to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
• A Weyburn police CTSS member was on patrol south of Weyburn on Highway 35 at about 9 p.m. on Friday when he initiated a traffic stop for a speeding violation. After getting the vehicle stopped, the driver reversed, nearly striking the police vehicle, and continued to reverse crossing both lanes coming to rest in the opposite ditch.
As a result of this, the female driver was arrested at the scene and has been charged with dangerous driving and driving while over .08 after having provided breath samples nearly three times the legal limit. Her driver’s licence has been suspended pending the conclusion of this case in court, and the vehicle was impounded. No one was injured in this incident nor was there any vehicle damage.
• Weyburn police are investigating a report of a break, enter and theft to a City-owned property on Wednesday. The matter is still under investigation.
• The Weyburn Police Service received a report on Friday of a sexual assault having recently occurred. The matter is still under investigation, but at this point a suspect has not been identified and no arrests have been made. More information may be released as the investigation progresses, but at this stage any premature release of information may jeopardize the investigation.
• City police attended to a report of a noisy party on Friday. The renter of the apartment was cautioned about the noise and the provisions of the Noise Bylaw.
• The Weyburn police conducted a traffic stop at about 4:20 a.m. on Saturday. As a result of the stop, the adult male driver was issued a three-day licence suspension for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• The city police were dispatched to a 911 call of unknown type at about 7:45 a.m. on Saturday. Upon arrival it was evident that a domestic assault had occurred. As a result of the investigation, an adult female has been charged with assault. The adult male is facing a charge of mischief.
• City police were dispatched to a report of a disturbance in an apartment on Sunday. Upon arrival police learned that the matter was over a recent family death. The matter was mediated at the time without further need for police involvement.